Henry Lovel has given to the canons of St Andrews (Priory) two oxgangs of land in Branxholm (Hawick parish, ROX), namely, half of the land that Walter de St Michael held, in perpetual alms, free from all secular service, with common pasture. If any of them who settles on the land in his feu is forfeited, right will be made to him (Henry) as lord in their court. He also grants them as much common pasture as pertains to the land.
31 December 1163 X 30 March 1183
Pope Alexander III confirmation × Pope Lucius III confirmation.