Walter son of Philip has given and by this his charter established to St Andrews Priory the land of ‘Adhebrecches’ which he has assigned to them, by its right bounds, in perpetual alms, free and quit from all service, custom and exaction, as the brethren of the Hospital and the Temple held it, and common pasture.
1161 X 8 April 1178
Walter’s father, Philip the chamberlain, was still alive, 1161 × 20 Sept. 1164. _RRS I_, no. 255. Walter was re-granted the lands of Lundin, Fife, that Philip had held, 1166 × 71. _RRS ii_, no. 42.
Source for Data Entry
St Andrews Liber, 264
St A. Lib., 264
‘Adhebrecches’ was in Lundin, in Largo parish, Fife. See Taylor, PNF, ii, 309.