William de Munfichet, with the counsel of his friends, has given, [granted and by this his charter established?] to Coupar Angus Abbey, full pasture for up to 40 draught animals of Keithick (PER) outwith the bounds of Keithick, on his pasture of Cargill (PER), wherever William’s and his men’s animals are pastured. He has also given the same monks 60 cartloads of turf for the work on the Grange of Keithick which the lay-brothers of Keithick or their men will receive. He also has granted and given to the monks for their work of Campsie, full pasture for 30 draught animals outwith the bounds of Campsie, over William’s land, wherever William’s and his men’s animals are pastured. Moreover, he has given the monks for the lighting of their church of Coupar in pure and perpetual alms, one stone of wax, rendered annually on the Purification of the BVM. He has also granted to the monks and their men, free transit without impediment by the roads and paths over his land, including the moor road which goes to the forks, the road by ‘Villa Laysing’ (Laystone, PER) and the lower road near the River Isla and Bridge of Isla. He has also granted that they may move wood freely through his land. These donations are made to obviate further dispute between him and the monks, and both parties will abide by the bounds between Keithick and Cargill and between Campsie and Cargill, as perambulated on the Day of the Innocents, 1220. Moreover, he gives the bodies of himself, his wife, and his heirs for burial at Coupar.
28 December 1220 X 24 March 1222
Perambulation of lands mentioned in text × Inchaffray erected into an abbacy in ‘1221’.