Roger de Mortimer has granted and established by this his charter to Thomas the clerk, nepos of William Maule, the church of Fowlis [Easter] (ANG) in free and perpetual alms, with teinds, oblations, obventions, and with all rights pertaining to the church, as the charter of William Maule his predecessor attests, and with the kirkland, by stated bounds, and with that land on the west side of the villa, to the animals’ exit. He has also granted the aforesaid persona common pasture, for an annual render of one mark to the canons of St Andrews on Martinmas.
13 April 1189 X 15 February 1198
Election × consecration of Bishop Roger of St Andrews; after accession of David to earldom of Huntingdon
Source for Data Entry
St Andrews Liber, 41-2
St A. Lib., 41-2
The witnesses are mostly followers of Earl David, so this gift must post-date his acquisition of Dundee and Longforgan. King William gave Fowlis Easter ‘which belonged to William Maule and was held by Archibald of [Long]forgan with William Maule’s daughter’ to Roger de Mortimer, 1189×94 (1/6/273).