Henry the Bald, goldsmith of Perth, has given, and granted, and by this his charter established to Scone Abbey in pure and perpetual alms, his two booths with solarium above, in the burgh of Perth, on that land which William, of pious memory, king of Scots, gave him for his homage and service; that is, those two booths that are on the front of the street that extends from the church of St John the Baptist towards the Castle of Perth, on the east side, next to the house of Andrew son of Simon on the north, rendering annually one pound of pepper on the feast of St Michael to the chamber of the lord king of Scots, and a half stone of wax on the Purification of Blessed Mary (2 Feb.) to the monks of Coupar Angus Abbey.
4 December 1214 X 6 September 1236
Death of King William × Geoffrey of Perth as king’s clerk, presuming he is the same Geoffrey who became clerk of the liverance in 1228 and bishop of Dunkeld in 1236. It is uncertain whether the expression ‘clerk of the lord king’ used here refers to a period separate from his tenure as clerk of the liverance, so it is possible that this charter predates 30 June 1228. Henry was dead by the time of Roger de Quincy’s charter, _Scone Liber_, no. 79.
Source for Data Entry
Scone Liber, no. 86
Scone Lib., no. 86
The charter notes that Henry’s seal is ‘not authentic’.