Waltheof of Strachan, with the consent of Ranulf his heir, has given and granted and made firm by this his charter to St Andrews Priory in pure and perpetual alms, all the land of ‘Blarkerocch extra silvam’ (in Strachan parish, KCD) by its right bounds, with common pasture between ‘Feyhan’ for 60 pigs and 60 cows with offspring up to three years, and with 20 horses, with offspring up to four years. He also grants them timber in his wood of Goauch (KCD) for the fabric of their church and for the building of the new hall, and common hunting on all his land, for their men with their dogs, having and holding in perpetuity, in pure and perpetual alms, free and quit from all exaction and service, intrinsec and forinsec, and custom and demand. The prior and convent of St Andrews have granted to him the debitum of one canon on his death and that his body be buried in their churchyard among their brethren.
1219 X 29 March 1240
circa 1230 ×
First appearance of Master Henry of Norham in household of Bishop Gregory of Brechin × death or demotion of Laurence, archdeacon of St Andrews, prob. after time Master Henry appears in Fife documents.