John of Inchyra, son and heir of Duncan of Inchyra, has given, granted, and by this his charter established, to St Andrews Priory, his fishery near the fishery of the prior and convent of May, namely that which is called ‘Brekeles’, in pure and perpetual alms. He grants that the canons and their fishermen shall have free transit through his land without any disturbance.
NLS, Adv. MS 15.1.18, no. 45
Sir Alexander, son of the earl of Fife, does not appear in any other document; he is perhaps most likely to be a son of Earl Colban and younger brother of Earl Duncan III. Note that Earl Duncan III had a court at Kinnoull and gave Inchyra ‘which David of Inchyra surrendered to Hugh of Lochore, the earl’s special attorney’, to Sir Nicholas de la Haye, between 1280 and 1288 (3/16/30).