Isabella of Merlington, for the salvation of her soul and for the soul of William of Boswell, her husband, and all of her ancestors and successors, in the time of her widowhood, in her free power, has given, granted and by this her present charter established to Dryburgh Abbey one acre of land in perpetuity in the territory of [Long]Newton (ROX), viz. all that which she held in 'Brokislawe' and assigned to the canons in the presence of good men. She promises warrandice.
Possibly early- to mid-14th century; [a William de Boswell did homage in 1296 (_CDS_ ii, 207) and witnesses no. 313, below (x1338) as well as _Kelso Lib_. ii, nos. 479 (1324x29) and 480 (1320x41).]