William de la Haye, son of John de la Haye, knight, lord of Loquhariot, has given, granted and by this his present charter established in pure and perpetual alms to Newbattle Abbey the peatary of Loquhariot (MLO) which is called ‘Wuluestrother’ which Robert son of David the former lord of Loquhariot and his father gave them, and that whole land which lies between the peatary and the bounds of Newbattle, according to the embankment and the stones towards the east until the great ditch (sicum), and sufficient space to dry the peat and freedom of entrance and exit to carry the peat. Out of special love for the monks and house of Newbattle, he has remitted the annual render of a pound of pepper, which Robert had reserved in his charter.
15 October 1273 X circa 1279
prob. × 28 May 1279
Consecration of William Wischard, bishop of St Andrews × end of term of Hugh of Berkeley as justiciar of Lothian. Probably × death of Bishop William Wischard.