William of Lindsey has given and by this his charter established to Dryburgh Abbey two oxgangs of land in Earlston (BWK) with toft and croft which is next to the road which goes up to the cross on the west side of the hill and the land which pertains to the same toft, with common pasture, in perpetual alms, free and quit from all secular exaction, with the concession of Walter his son and heir.
circa 1165 X 15 March 1196
Death of Walter Lindsay (II) × papal confirmation of Celestine III (_Dryb. Lib._, no. 250); perhaps late due to consent of his son Walter (III)