Gilbert the Scot, son of Ewen of Monorgan, with the assent and wish of his wife Christina, daughter of Merleswain, has given and by this his present charter established to St Andrews Priory, 13 acres of land on the Pillic next to the mill (in Longforgan parish, PER), in free, pure and perpetual alms.
Late 12th or early 13th century, prob. 1 Sept. 1196×
Probably after William Giffard, a witness, got royal grant of nearby Tealing (_RRS_ ii, no. 418); also by Magnus son of Gilbert’s confirmation.
Source for Data Entry
St Andrews Liber, 269-70
St A. Lib., 269-70
Gilbert was also nepos of Bishop Andrew of Caithness