Walter son of Alan, Steward of the King of Scotland, has given and granted and made firm by this his present charter to SS. James and Mirin's [church] at Paisley and the monks there, in pure and free and perpetual alms, the whole land between [ the burns of] Auldpatrick and Espedair [bounds given], as Robert Crock and Henry of Ness, and William Maiduse, with others of his worthy men perambulated it; so that they shall assart, plough, and build within those bounds without any disturbance, etc. And he has granted to them in his forest wood for building and burning; and 100 swine in his forest. And he has given and granted the whole land between the Maich and Calder Waters; he confirms land they have in Renfrew in burgage, and forest rights in Kyle; he grants and confirms the donations and liberties given by Walter his grandfather and Alan his father.
2 November 1208 X 15 May 1214
× 10 Aug. 1213
Consecration of Walter, bishop of Glasgow × succession of Hugh ‘de Clipstone’, abbot of Melrose, prob. × election of Adam, abbot of Melrose, to bishopric of Caithness